This evidence-based course will give you the skill to perform a thorough hands-on movement analysis of the runner (both injured and non). It will help you efficiently marry Sahrmann-based movement system analysis with manual therapy in the context of the novice to the seasoned runner.
Running assessment includes:
1) Treadmill gait/running assessment with apps to help.
2) Biomechanical and functional movement assessment
3) Neurodynamic, articular and myofascial mobility testing
Treatment will include:
1) Gait cueing and correction to improve efficiency and reduce risk of injury
2) Exercise prescription to address movement disorders
3) Manual therapy techniques to restore proper neurodynamics, myofascial mobility and joint mobility (spinal and peripheral techniques)
Moncton, New Brunswick February 18/19, 2017
Charlottetown/Summerside, PEI March 11/12, 2017
St. John’s, NL April 29/30, 2017
Gander, NL June, 2017
Cost: $480 tax and snacks included.
To register please contact:
in NB Jean Michel Cormier at email@example.com
in PEI Jacey Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
in NL Kelsey Kent at email@example.com
Jill Robertson is a Clinical Specialist in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. She is a Chief Examiner and instructor for the Orthopaedic Division of CPA. She practices in Fall River, NS. Jill received her Diploma of Advanced Manual and Manipulative Therapy in 1996. Jill completed her Masters (thesis on Manual Therapy and Exercise for the Hip) in 2001.
Anita Connors is a manual physiotherapist working in Halifax, Nova Scotia. She is a runner, weight lifter and recently new to crossfit. Her special interests are in movement impairment and manual therapy. She travels twice yearly to Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri to study the Movement System Impairment approach with Shirley Sahrmann. In 2011 Anita completed the Advanced Manipulative Therapy exam to become a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT). Teaching is another of her interests. She is an instructor with the Orthopaedic Division of the CPA, and a laboratory instructor at Dalhousie University.