This is a 3-day lecture and practical course (first 2 days for those requiring recertification only) that meets the requirements of the Canadian Red Cross Society and Sport Physiotherapy Canada for First Responder Certification.
The examples/scenarios used will be sport-specific to enhance the learning of all participants with regard to event coverage situations (whether planning to challenge the SPC Certificate/Diploma exams or not). At the end of the course, the participant:
• Complete a standardized written exam to meet national Canadian Red Cross standards
• Have an enhanced ability to respond to emergency situations on-site (ie: head injuries, bleeds, fractures)
• Be trained to use oxygen and an Automated External Defibrillator
• Be able to transfer players onto spinal boards effectively (including rolls)
*Please note that First Responder Certification must be renewed every 3 years*
$485 (plus tax)- Full course
$360 (plus tax) – Recertification
$535 (plus tax)- Full Course
$410 (plus tax) – recertification
*Course fees covers course instruction and course syllabus. Pocket Masks are now INCLUDED in the course price for all candidates and will be provided at the course. Full course participants also receive the full colour Canadian Red Cross First Responder Manual. Lunch is NOT provided.
Register early – space is limited
Cancellation fee is $100 accepted for any cancellation made up to two weeks prior to course, after which point no refund is granted.
Please note online registration is NOW available and preferred to reserve your spot.
Course Dates & Times:
Friday, September 25, 2015: 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Saturday, September 26, 2015: 8:30 AM- 5:00PM
Sunday, September 27, 2015: 8:30 AM- 5:00PM
* re-certification will take place on Friday & Saturday of this course
University of New Brunswick