Instr: Claudia Silva, PT, CST-D, CIMBE
Cost: US $898.35 - Call for early registration discounts
Upledger Institute International 1- 800-233-5880
Course dates: September 10-13, 2015
In this workshop you'll learn gentle techniques to normalize the craniosacral system and allow the body to self-correct. By unraveling pain and dysfunction at the source, you'll naturally help eliminate stress, strengthen resistance to disease, and enhance health in every dimension.
Course Highlights: By the end of this 4-day workshop you should be able to:
• Describe the scientific foundation and principles of CranioSacral Therapy - and why it's the key to relieving pain and dysfunction at their source
• Demonstrate finely tuned palpation skills you can rely on as highly sensitive and intuitive healthcare tools
• Identify the subtle craniosacral rhythm and interpret its patterns to accurately evaluate dysfunction and improvements
• Locate the source of physical problems by traveling through the fascial system, that complex web of tissue that impacts all body structures and systems
• Release dural tube restrictions to enhance interactions between the central nervous system and the rest of the body
• Use techniques that produce dramatic health and relaxation effects, including Direction of Energy and Still-Point Induction
• Work with approaches to a number of common ailments such as TMJ dysfunction, head and neck pain, central nervous system disorders and many more
• Put a simple, effective 10-Step Protocol into practice right away
Professional healthcare practitioner, student in healthcare program or graduate of awaiting licensure/accreditation. If you have never experienced CranioSacral Therapy for yourself, it is recommended, but not required, that you have a session prior to class. This will help you gain valuable insights into how the technique works and what its effects are on the body. To find a CranioSacral Therapy practitioner in your area, go to www.upledger.com.
The required reading for this course is CranioSacral Therapy by John E. Upledger, DO, OMM, Chapters 1-6, available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Textbooks/Craniosacral-Therapy and Your Inner Physician and You by John E. Upledger, DO, OMM, available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Health-and-Wellness/Your-Inner-Physician-and-You. In addition to the required reading, please know the definition and/or location of the anatomical terms available at http://www.upledger.com/seminar_info/Terms/CSIterms.doc before the start of the class. The majority can be found in CranioSacral Therapy and Netter Anatomy: Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, which is available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Textbooks/Netters-Atlas-of-Human-Anatomy.
Wear loose, comfortable clothing (preferably no jeans.) A light jacket is recommended because temperature can be difficult to control.
Due to potential chemical sensitivities of your classmates, please refrain from wearing perfumes or oils to class.
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on the first day of class. A continental breakfast will be served until 9:00 a.m., at which time the workshop will begin. Subsequent class hours are 9:00 a.m. to approximately 5:30 p.m. daily, and the last day will meet from 8:00 a.m. to approximately 3:30 p.m. Class ending times are approximate, and may run late based on class participation.
Locations are typically decided 30-60 days prior to the start of the course
Directions to Meeting Site:
Please see mapquest or google.com
Tuition is fully transferable up to 7 days prior to the start of the class. Within 7 days, a $100.00 administrative fee will apply. Tuition is fully refundable up to 30 days prior to the start of the class, after which your tuition is non-refundable. Refund requests must be made in writing within 12 months of the registration. ASHA Statement of Transparency (required for CEU provider compliance): Other than compensation for presenting, the Presenter has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.