Part A – MDT: Lumbar Spine
An introduction to the concepts and applications of the McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® (MDT) focusing on the lumbar spine. Principle format is lecture, discussion and live patient demonstrations.
Course Outline includes:
- Epidemiology and predisposing factors
- Chemical vs. mechanical pain
- Examination and treatment: postural, dysfunction and derangement syndromes
- Anatomy and biomechanics: the intervertebral disc
- Prophylaxis and contraindications
- Patient demonstration, analysis and discussion
The course begins with a comprehensive online session, followed by a three-day live course. The online component allows you to work at your own convenience and learn from an interactive blend of visuals, audio and video, but still participate in the live course that is so integral to the McKenzie educational programming. Upon completion of the course, you will be given access to videos of MDT Procedures relevant to Part A curriculum.
Total Course: 26 hours
Standard Live Course Timeline*: 3 days
Course Format Options
Online Prerequisite DetailsQuick Access
Friday-SundayTimes vary depending on clinic availability.
Saturday-MondayTimes vary depending on clinic availability.
*View the 'Details' online via the Course-Exam Schedule Locator
$650.00, McKenzie Institute Member $585.00, Audit (Retake): $325.00
Become a Member and get 10% off first time course fees
Part A Course Information and Preparation Suggestions:
- Bring a pen/pencil and highlighter for note taking
- Attire is business casual; appropriate for lab that can easily allow you to move and provide exposure to back, trunk or extremities
- Take the free online Overview Course
- Read the textbook, THE LUMBAR SPINE: Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy. In Canada, you can purchase this text through Cardon Rehab by calling 1-800-944-7868 or visiting their website at www.cardonrehab.com.