Part D – MDT: Advanced Cervical & Thoracic Spine and Extremities - Upper Limb
This course focuses on advanced McKenzie MDT principles and practical application for the cervical and thoracic spine and an introduction for the upper limb. Upon completion of the course, you will be given access to additional videos of MDT Procedures relevant to Parts A – D curriculum.
Course Outline includes:
- Establishing correct diagnosis and identifying multiple diagnoses
- Recognizing appropriate vs. inappropriate changes
- Progression of forces in treatment
- Reactivation / functional restoration
- Patient compliance and reassessment
- Indications for use of advanced manual therapy techniques
- Application of advanced clinician techniques
*Some Things to Consider
If you completed Part C prior to 2011 before the extremities were incorporated, we highly recommend:
- Audit Part C before taking Part D
- If you proceed to attend this Part D course, read the Human Extremities textbook before the course.
Total Course: 28 hours
Standard Live Course Timeline*: 4 days
Course Format Options
Thursday-SundayTimes vary depending on clinic availability.
Friday-MondayTimes vary depending on clinic availability.
*View the 'Details' online via the Course-Exam Schedule Locator
$699.00, McKenzie Institute Member $629.10, Audit (Retake): $349.50
Become a Member and get 10% off first time course fees
Part D Course Information and Preparation Suggestions:
- Bring a pen/pencil and highlighter for note taking
- Attire is business casual; appropriate for lab that can easily allow you to move and provide exposure to back, trunk or extremities
- Please review your Parts A, B and C materials
- Read the textbook, HUMAN EXTREMITIES: Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy
- Make a list of any areas you still have questions about or that challenge you